Sunsets


"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
John 16:33 KJV

This past month I went on vacation. And part of the time got to stay at a hotel located right on Lake Erie. A lot of fun things took place the week we were gone. But one of my most favorite days was the evening of July 2, 2020.

 I had never seen such a magnificent display of a sunset in all my life! Sure, I see them almost every day. But usually it's beauty is blocked out by trees, or telephone lines. But to see it up close sparkling across the water. It took my breath away.

The gentle breeze whistling through the trees, the gentle waves lapping over one another in smooth, lulled tones. Geese flying overhead. And across the lake a bright yellow sun slowly turning orange, disappearing for another day. And all the time, you watch the lake shimmer as though it was covered with diamonds.

There is no denying that the year 2020 has been a doozy. When on vacation everywhere you looked and went you saw people either showing concern and respect for others by following protocol of that time, or the complete opposite.

Some saying has written "Vacation is a time for relaxing and rejuvenation." And I must say I didn't feel that way once. Nothing could make me forget what this nation is going through. Except for the moment I mentioned in the last paragraph.

There in the cool of the evening. Gazing at that glorious sunset! Because when I was there in the moment, I actually did forget about the world pandemic for just a few mere seconds. I was in total awe of God's wondrous works. And felt completely amazed at what an AMAZING God we can serve. And how He gives us everything we could ever want or need.

The Lord is good. And I believe that day God sent me that sunset as a gift. He made it a transforming day of my life. Because after months of unrest and being caught up in the daily drama, it was as if God was saying to me: "You don't have to fear!" 

I asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior at the age of 13. I haven't always been consistently faithful to Him. My life isn't perfect. But the Lord of my life IS faithful to me no matter what. He guides me through tough situations and makes me stronger. And I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I do know who holds tomorrow.

Until next month friends, thanks for reading!

~Abigail



Comments

  1. Hello Abigail. I am a Pastor from Mumbai India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the bllogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privililged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you as a child of God who came to know the Lord at the age of 13 and about your interest in living a life of modesty. I have enjoyed going through your blog post which speaks of how God delights you with His creation when every thing around is not going well. The unique sun set delighted your day and helped you to admired His creation. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged strengthened and praying for one another. I HAVE been in the Pastoral ministry for last 41yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. WE also encourage youngand the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest bessings on you your famly and freinds. Also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2020. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts